DUI Death and Serious Injury Lawyers Serving Tiverton, Rhode Island
DUI defense lawyers take your felony charges seriously
If you are involved in an auto accident causing serious injury or death and you are accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will likely face a serious felony offense.
- Listen to your story
- Provide effective defense strategies to challenge your charges
- Represent you during your DMV hearing
- Negotiate with the prosecution before your case ever goes to trial
DUI charges and penalties
A DUI with serious injury occurs when an individual causes amputation, disfigurement, brain damage, or other serious injuries by motor vehicle.
A DUI that results in death is referred to as a DUI manslaughter or vehicular manslaughter and can happen whether you are a first- or third-time offender.
Both are felony offenses that can result in:
- A state prison sentence up to 20 years
- A $20,000 fine
- Conviction on vehicular manslaughter charges
- Victim restitution
- Alcohol and drug treatment program
- Revoking a driver's license up to five years
- A criminal record
- Installation of an interlock device
- Seizure of your car
Defending those accused of DUI manslaughter in Rhode Island
If your drinking and driving has resulted in seriously injuring or killing someone, contact the Law Offices of Richard S. Humphrey for immediate help.