Richard S. Humphrey has been trying civil and criminal cases since 1983. Richard is admitted to practice in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine. His practice concentrates on Criminal and Civil Litigation, focusing on serious drunk driving cases, complex admiralty matters, construction litigation, municipal law, catastrophic injury claims, and areas involving professional ethics. Richard has well over 30 years of trial experience in the State and Federal Courts and has obtained a number of favorable verdicts. He handles appellate matters and has received a number of favorable decisions.
Richard often times represents individuals in need of first class legal services. He also represents charitable institutions, municipalities, and bodies in large constructions firms. He also lectures on trial practice, ethics, police brutality, legal malpractice, defense, and municipal matters. Richard has served on the Rhode Island Judicial Tenure Commission, the Rhode Island Supreme Court Commission to Redraft the Rules of Professional Conduct, and on the Rhode Island Supreme Court Disciplinary Board. Richard has served as Little Compton Town Solicitor for over 25 years.
* State v. Sampson, No. 12-285-M.P. (R.I., filed Apr. 18, 2013).
* State v. Sarhan, No. 12-311-M.P. (R.I., filed Apr. 18, 2013).
* State v. Quattrucci, 39 A.3d 1036 (R.I. 2012).
* State v. Robinson, 972 A.2d 150 (R.I. 2009). (6 consolidated cases).
* Such v. State, 950 A.2d 1150 (R.I. 2008).
* State v. Cluley, 808 A.2d 1098 (R.I. 2002).
* State v. Carcieri, 730 A.2d 11 (R.I. 1999).
* Piccoli & Sons, Inc. v. E & C Const. Co., Inc. , 64 A.3d 308, 309 (R.I. 2013).
* French v. Isham, 801 F. Supp. 913, 914 (D.R.I. 1992).
Catastrophic Injury. Asermely Counsel
* Rodrigues v. DePasquale Bldg. & Realty Co. , 926 A.2d 616, 617 (R.I. 2007).
* H.R.M., Inc. v. S/V Venture VII, 972 F. Supp. 92 (D.R.I. 1997).
* Intern. Broth. Police v. Town of Portsmouth, 506 A.2d 540 (R.I. 1986).
* Newport Auto Salvage, Inc v. Town Council, 502 A.2d 339 (R.I. 1985).
* In re Town of Little Compton, 37 A.3d 85 (R.I. 2012).
If you or a family member has been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) or operating under the influence (OUI), you need the experienced DUI defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Richard S. Humphrey to represent you.
Rhode Island DUI laws are tough because RI ranks third in the nation with the highest percentage of DUI-related car fatalities. Even if you have a clean driving record you can face:
Since 1983, we have been fighting in local and state courts to keep DUI charges off your driving record, to keep you out of prison, and to minimize fines.
Richard S. Humphrey and his sought-after legal team will effectively and aggressively defend clients on any drunk driving offense anywhere in the state. Mr. Humphrey is considered to be the best DUI lawyer in Rhode Island and has been in Rhode Island Super Lawyers from 2007–2017.
When you come to us for help, we counsel you on your legal options, prepare a defense for your charge, and help you navigate the DUI or litigation process on the following matters:
The Law Offices of Richard S. Humphrey serves clients with DUI charges or facing complex litigation throughout southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, with a focus on the cities of South Kingstown, North Kingstown, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Providence, Bristol, Warren, Narragansett, Warwick, Cranston, Woonsocket, Burrillville, Foster, Glocester, Charlestown, East Greenwich, Coventry, and East Providence. Most importantly, the Law Offices of Richard S. Humphrey regularly defends cases involving the Rhode Island State Police.
We work hard every day to earn the respect of clients and our peers in the legal community.
If you have been charged or arrested for a DUI charge, contact the Law Offices of Richard S. Humphrey immediately to set up a free consultation.